Sunday, November 14, 2010

To be a hairdresser...

A hairdresser is much more than someone who just cuts and colors hair. Cutting and coloring hair is a form of art. I'm an artist and I take a lot of pride in my profession. My clients are my pieces of art. My job is to create a hairstyle that best suites my client's face, body, and lifestyle.
 I choose a haircut that my client requests and I create a style that frames their face. I make their haircut stand out from any ordinary cut by giving them more emphasis on the most beautiful features on their face such as the eyes, nose, or lips. When coloring hair, I first listen to all of my clients desires, then we both agree on a color that best suits their style. I then create a color that satisfies my clients wishes while enhancing their eye color, and skin tone. I accent the point of emphasis of the haircut with my color placement as well.
Ultimately at the end of the day the most important part of my job is to fulfill my clients hair needs. The most gratifying feeling I get from my job is when my client leaves my chair feeling happy and confident with their new look.

No comments:

Post a Comment